Monday, February 3, 2014

12 Down...How Many More Miles To Go?

So..today was my first run in February. My first run where my miles meant more than something just for myself. It's a pretty awesome thing were taking on and I look forward to more sore and tired evenings because of long runs/rides during the day. 

Today, I had a great run. 12 miles! I was planning on doing 10, but it was a great run. So good, that it just felt right to go a little farther. It was pretty cold out at first, but warmed up pretty quick. Although at about mile 9..I started to get really hungry. 

I thought maybe it could be a little fun to lay down some facts about me and my running, so here are 10 fun facts...

1. I signed up for my very first race November 2011, an ambitious Half Marathon...I'd never run in a race before.
2. Since then I've done a total of 4 Half Marathons and 1 10K.
3. My third Half, I was 16 weeks pregnant with Knox Baker Wilkins...4 weeks later I found out I was actually pregnant with Avaree Kate Wilkins. Best Surprise Ever! 
4. I have Graves Disease. I have an over active thyroid and take medication to help regulate function. 
5. I am the oldest of three children and have the two best little brothers. 
6. As a kid I suffered from JRA..Juvenille Rheumatoid Arthritis. I don't think my running was something they thought I'd be doing in the future. 
7. Your never too old to accomplish your goals...someday I will become a Nurse. 
8. I started craving Diet Dr. Pepper when I was pregnant with my third baby...and I still to this day. Prior to that, I loved Coke Zero. 
9. I love reading!  I hope that my kids seeing that and trips to the library will instill that same love within them.
10. I have 5 tattoos total with hopes to have more ;) 

My sweet brother the Ranger...thank your military for what they do! 

1 comment: