Monday, February 17, 2014

Why 565 miles??


That's exactly what I've been thinking now that were knee deep in it...why 565 miles!?!?! Lol!! 

Honestly, this guy right here is why..
My baby brother. 

It's for him, and so many other "baby brothers" out there. For all the men and women who fight everyday for our freedom..so I can type this right now. So, in comparison to what they do each day, 565 miles is nothing.

So while on our trip to Washington, God really had a hand in my seeing Jake. He was stationed at Ft. Benning, Geirgia, awaiting orders to his post, Ft. Lewis, in Washington. I really wasn't too sure when I was going to see Jake again, especially since I'm in Utah. But the day I was to fly out, Jake got orders that they were leaving for Ft. Lewis that night! Which meant, we would be in the same state together again!! I was beyond excited! 

Well, the weekend came around and Jake had guard duty, so instead of him coming home, we thought we'd go to him! That journey is a whole other story!! After a 3 hour drive, car trouble and expired tabs arriving to the base..we made it in!!  Getting to see him was so awesome! Dad, Mom, Avaree and I all took him out to dinner and had a really great time. I loved seeing him!! 

Happy Happy Happy




Sweet moment between father and son..Rangers: Past and Present


This opinionated, athletic, caring and kind boy is my baby brother. I would move mountains for him. I am beyond proud of what he is doing and will always remember him as the blonde little guy running around causing mischief. I was in the room when he was born!! He will always be my baby brother, but has become a man right before my eyes. And what a man he is!


He is in Alpha Company with the 2nd. Ranger Battalion.. And he is my baby brother...he is why I'll do 565 miles. 






2 comments:

  1. Good grief, that made me cry! I love it. I love the support, encouragement and love that you 3 share as siblings and friends. Beautiful post, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete